Sunday, December 6, 2009

Podcast Video

The podcast about podcasts was a good way to help get started on writing my own podcast. It explained everything you need to know about a podcast. I wasn't really familiar with podcasting prior to this podcast. I had heard of the term, but didn't really know what it was about. Initially, I thought you had to pay for podcast and I didn't you could get them off iTunes for free. After finding this out, I went to iTunes and saw that there is a big selection of podcasts. There are podcasts on music, politics, movies, and pretty much anything you can imagine. The steps to make a podcast were laid out in a clear way. I thought that only professionals could do this, but after this podcast I felt confident enough to carry out my own podcast. All I need is a microphone, which some laptops already have installed, or if I wanted to buy one, they're pretty cheap. The software needed to make a podcast is called Audacity. It can be downloaded easily by going to this site: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. One of the things I learned from this podcast was to have good preparation. I have to know in advance what it is I want to talk about, who I want to interview, know my questions, and to research the topic I'm covering. The key thing to a good podcast is organization.

No comments: